Home Western Mumbai: Mumbai Kandivali Gas cylinder blast update 9 Injured, Picture of the Spot

Mumbai: Mumbai Kandivali Gas cylinder blast update 9 Injured, Picture of the Spot

0
389
Mumbai: Mumbai Kandivali Gas cylinder blast update 9 Injured, Picture of the Spot

Mumbai: In the wake of availability of cooking in chawls, incidents of
Cylinder explosions are on the rise.

After a leak in cooking gas that caused fire in Bandra in which six people sustained severe injurious on Wednesday, a second similar incident is reported to have occurred in a building in Kandivali.
A gas cylinder exploded and enveloped into flames. In the aftermath, nine people including a minor boy were rushed to the hospital for burn injuries.

Two of the victims suffered 45 percent burns. The mishap occurred when Sandeep Kanade and some of his family members were changing a used-up gas cylinder in their house at Gaware Chawl in the Janupada area of Kandivali.

While Sandeep Kanade and Sharda Kanade suffered 45 percent burn other members including a neighboring boy suffered minor burns including a 11-year-old boy, who suffered burns.

Meanwhile, the injured were rushed to the nearby Shatabdi Hospital. According to police, at the hospital,
Sandeep Kanade (31) and Sharda Kanade (56) sustained around 45 per cent burns in the incident, according to the doctors at the hospital said.

Among the other victims, four who suffered minor injuries were discharged from the hospital after being provided necessary treatment.

News Edit by K.V Raman

Pictures of the spot

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.