RRB NTPC CBT 2 exam has been conducted from June 12 to 17, 2022. There were 2 shifts each day for Pay Levels 2, 3, and 5. For levels 4 and 6, the same was conducted on May 9-10, 2022. A total of 7,05, 620 candidates appeared for the RRB NTPC CBT 2 exam. The duration of CBT 2 exam was 90 minutes with 120 questions.
RRB NTPC CBT 2 Exam Pattern
- Total Marks: 120
- Sections: Mathematics, General Awareness, and General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd of the allotted marks
The Mathematics and Reasoning sections consisted of 35 questions each, while the rest 50 questions were asked from General Awareness. Some of the memory-based questions asked in the RRB NTPC CBT 2 exam are listed below.
- Capital of France
- Supreme Leader of Indian Army
- What is the Pink Revolution Related to?
- Which schedule of the Constitution has Indian Languages in it.
- Number of High Courts in India
- Number of parts in Akbarnama
- Florence Nightingale Award 2021
- 1st Software Technology park of India
- Invention of WWW
- Death year of Aurangzeb
- Whose tomb is present is Sasaram?
- Symbol in India’s currency note of Rupee 20
- Dynasty of Harshwardhan
- Which continent has the Amazon Rainforest?
- A question on Unit digit from Number System
- LCM and HCF of Fractions
- Mensuration questions from Cylinder and Circle
- Acid Found in Lemon
- A question on Corona Virus
- Fahrenheit-based Question
- Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion
According to experts and analysts, the questions papers were mostly moderate in difficulty level. The candidates who have attempted 80-90 questions confidently have safe chances of clearing the exam. It must be remembered that the process of normalisation will be followed while declaring the RRB NTPC CBT 2 result. Normalisation of scores is applied on the exams conducted in multiple shifts to make the scoring system even and fair for all the candidates.
Based on the previous few years and the exam analysis of this year, our experts have come up with the expected cutoff marks. It is given for all the categories here.
RRB NTPC CBT 2 Expected Cutoff Marks
- General – 76-81 Marks
- OBC – 71-75 Marks
- SC/ST – 59- 65 Marks
The candidates who clear the CBT 2 exam will appear for the CBAT examination or Typing Test, based on the post they have applied for. CBAT is a Computer-Based Aptitude Test conducted in English and Hindi. The appearing candidates must score a minimum of 42 marks in order to qualify.
In case of the Typing Test, the candidates need to type 30 words per minute (English), or 25 words per minute (Hindi). It is a qualifying stage which means the candidates have to clear it to move ahead with Document Verification. However, this stage will not be considered for the final merit list. The number of candidates shortlisted for this round is about 8 times the number of vacancies.