Mumbai: Mumbai BMC Corporator, Mrs. Preeti Satam, Ward No.52 alongside other members put up demands to Adani group for inflated electricity bills
Mumbai: While the ongoing Covid-19 induced lockdown has forcibly placed people under house arrest and making people work from home,.it has led to several citizens across cities receiving inflated power bills, giving them sleepless nights.The power company is literally looting the common man.
Not just the common man, but everyone has complaints over receiving exorbitant electricity bills from Adani . As it is the economy has dwindled amid the Covid-19 induced lockdown.
This is not the first complaint against Adani, several consumers have been complaining of inflated electricity bills sent by Adani. How will a common man pay up staggering electricity bill?
A follow up on the hike and inflated electricity bill was made to Adani Electricity’s (Divisional Head) Divisional Head Shri. Sandeep Narle at the Dindoshi office of Adani by Preeti Satam.
She was accompanied by Karuna Goradia from Gokuldham Private Sector, Nitesh Rane, Secretary of Shri Hanuman Seva Charitable Trust, Mahesh Patel from Saibaba Complex
The following demands were made:
1) All the inflated bills received by the customers should be fortwith be corrected and reductions made
2) Delay in late payment of electricity the bill should be cancelled for the next six months.
3) The interest charged on outstanding electricity bills should be cancelled for the next six months.
4) In order to pay the electricity bill during the lockout period, a payment facility must be given for a period of six months should be for payment of bills in equal installments.
5) Electricity supply should not be discontinued in the event of non-payment of electricity bills.
The Energy Minister and State Government must intervene and pull up the Adani personnel for such inflated bills. The company is merely looting the public to fill its coffers.
News Edit by K.V.Raman