Wondering how to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the Holi colours? Fret not, we have you covered – check out these easy and simple tips by Dr. Sharmila Nayak of The Skin 1st Clinic
It’s the week of celebrations in India. With the country gearing up to celebrate the festival of colours, Holi, it’s the stress of hair and skin damage that urges us to re-think our plans to celebrate the festival this Thursday. But fret not. Here has been listed down 5 effective, tried and tested tips that will definitely save your flawless skin from the side-effects of the colour.
Dr. Sharmila Nayak founder and medical director of “The Skin 1st Clinic ” shares five effective tips to avoid the side-effects of the colours.
1. To protect your face and body apply coconut oil or rich moisturizing cream before you step out to play Holi..
2. Avoid bleaching, waxing, threading or chemical peels prior to playing Holi as they could make the skin more sensitive to the colours or sun
3. Remember to protect your lips and eyes by applying a layer of Vaseline or petroleum jelly. You could use a lip balm with an SPF for protecting your lips..
4. Don’t forget to apply a generous amount of sunscreen at least SPF 40 or 50 on your face as well as body. Use a waterproof sunscreen lotion or spray to prevent sun damage
5. Apply coconut or Olive oil to protect your hair from the damaging effects of colours
6. Play a Skin safe Holi…consult a Dermatologist before you step out to play with colours especially if you have a sensitive skin. Visit post Holi to gently remove the after effects of colours and sun damage with soothing medi-cleanups or a skin detox treatment