Accept Happy Women’s Day from Hellowomeniya.com Team :
Each year, Hello Womeniya takes the privilege to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8th to propagate and recognize women’s social, economic, cultural, and Social achievements through featuring stories on their successful journey in their field and to call for gender equality. On this special occasion, we are featuring Mumbai based Social Entrepreneur Meghana Joshi, she shares her Entrepreneurial journey with us.
This is with a goal to raise awareness about the need to end gender-based violence, promote women’s leadership, celebrate their contributions, promote entrepreneurs, startups and advocate for women’s economic empowerment around the World.
Famous As: Social Entrepreneur
Meghna Joshi is a social entrepreneur by profession and her startup SWAN (Skilled Workforce Advancing Nation) Livelihood
aims at empowering youth through specially crafted training programmes & counselling sessions. She is a Certified Life Coach with over a decade of experience of working in Startup Environment, Corporate and Development Sector where she has looked after Programme Delivery, Project management, imparting training in various skill sets, monitoring the operations of Skill Development Centres and Building Capacity of the informal sector workforce across Delhi/NCR and PAN India. She is also amongst the top 100 Women in India to receive the Glantor-X Women Leadership award 2022 and also the recipient of Exceptional Women of Excellence Award by Women Economic Forum 2022. In her free time, she likes to advocate about the Sustainable Development Goals, helping women take strategic collaborative actions while being the Ambassador at the Global Women for Good. At present she is also the acting State President of the WICCI (Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry) Delhi Startup Council and amongst the 100 influential Indians 2022 as declared by Fox Story India.
Experts of the Interview:
Hello Mumbai News: Introduce yourself for our readers.
Meghana Joshi: A Social Entrepreneur by profession and a Conservationist by heart. I am a Certified Life Coach with a decade of experience of working in Startup Environment, Corporate and Development Sector where I have gained expertise in looking after Programme Delivery, Project management, imparting training in various skill sets, monitoring the operations of Skill Development Centres and Building Capacity of the informal sector workforce across Delhi/NCR and PAN India.
Hello Mumbai News: What’s your message on International Women’s Day for Women?
Meghana Joshi: Have faith and confidence in yourself, Self-Belief can do wonders.
Hello Mumbai News: Share your Recognition and Achievements.
- My startup SWAN (Skilled Workforce Advancing Nation) Livelihood is recognised by Startup India.
- I was selected amongst 15 women founders across India to represent in the workshop series ‘Connecting Women Social Entrepreneurs’ bringing India & Australia together held in partnership with Western Sydney University, Punjab University, Australia – India Council in August 2021.
- Recognised for the successful execution of the Mission Shakti Programme of Uttar Pradesh Government by UPSIDA in December 2021.
- Selected amongst top 100 women in India to receive the Glantor X Women Leadership Award 2022.
- Received 100 influential Indians Award 2022 by Fox Story India to appreciate the exceptional contributions in influencing the public and inspiring them through the achievements.
- Awarded the exceptional Women of Excellence Award by Women Economic Forum 2022.
- Appointed as one of the Business Coaches for the Business Blasters Programme of Delhi Government.
- Ambassador for Good by Global Women for Good (GWG) for being the brand ambassador advocating SDG’s and helping women take strategic, collaborative action to transform leadership, industries and economies, for the good of society, locally and globally.
Hello Mumbai News: What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur?
Meghana Joshi: The collective experience of working in Corporate and Social sectors and managing the operations of various skill development centers helped me in gaining a deep feeling for the pain points of the youth from the economically weaker sections. It also led me towards a thorough understanding of the problems faced by the employers who employ the unskilled youth.In an endeavour to resolve these issues through a systematic process, skill development became my passion that ultimately led to the seeding of SWAN (Skilled Workforce Advancing Nation) Livelihood.
Hello Mumbai News: How did you come up with the name for your company?
Meghana Joshi: SWAN seeks to impart knowledge as signified by the first name SWAN (Sacred Bird Hans in Hindi, scientific name Cygnus) i.e. linked to the reigning deity of education, Goddess Saraswati. The collective knowledge and wisdom of the promoters is utilised to bridge the aspirations of the youth and the requirements of the industry.
Hello Mumbai News: How did you raise funding for your venture?
Meghana Joshi: My startup got incubated at the AUD Centre for Incubation, Innovation & Entrepreneurship (ACIIE), Ambedkar University Delhi and secured the seed funding support for the same.
Hello Mumbai News: How do you build a successful customer base?
Meghana Joshi: We were able to create a successful customer base through word of mouth testimonials of our participants who were enrolled in our programmes and through effective partnership support from our existing clients.
Hello Mumbai News: How do you market your business, and which tactics have been most successful?
- Engaging existing customers through live sessions and news bulletins is important.
- Also offering discounts to return/repeat customers on products being sold, is a great way to maintain engagement.
- Hold live informative sessions on various themes that relate to your business/niche.
- Invite old customers to share testimonials about their experience of your brand/product/service.
Hello Mumbai News: What motivates you?
Meghana Joshi: The main inspiration is to see smiles on scores of youth and develop a congenial atmosphere in the workplace with satisfied employers. Hence, we strive to work with dedication and total commitment in our endeavour to achieve the goals.
Hello Mumbai News: How do you generate new ideas?
Meghana Joshi: By constantly thinking about new ways/possibilities of doing things and exploring innovative solutions to the existing problems help me in generating ideas for my work.
Hello Mumbai News: How do you define success?
Meghana Joshi: To be able to become a better version of your self and inspiring others around you through a human centric approach.
Hello Mumbai News: Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
Meghana Joshi: Patience, resilience, innovative attitude and self-confidence are some virtues that an entrepreneur must nurture.
Hello Mumbai News: What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
Meghana Joshi: To be able to constantly innovate and come up with creative solutions to resolve any given problem/pain point is the best part of becoming an entrepreneur.
Hello Mumbai News: What piece of advice would you give to college graduates who want to become entrepreneurs?
Meghana Joshi: Discover your ‘Why’ and understand what is your niche and passion in life.
Hello Mumbai News: What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
Meghana Joshi: Passion, Patience and Consistency
Hello Mumbai News: What key activities would you recommend entrepreneurs to invest their time in?
- Remain patient and maintain balance.
- Do not allow the adversities to bog you down.
- Be alert and look for opportunities that may spring up…they always do.
Hello Mumbai News: What entrepreneurial tricks have you discovered to keep you focused and productive in your day-to-day busy schedule?
- Brain-Storming ideas
- Keeping my planner up to date
- Goal Setting
Hello Mumbai News: Who has been your greatest inspiration?
Meghana Joshi: My team, parents and mentors have been the strong pillars of support and inspiration during our journey and have always helped in sailing through difficult situations.